Watermarking your music files in DISCO
Watermark a Playlist
There are three primary ways to watermark your music files in DISCO:
1. When saving a playlist
- Upload or drag tracks into the Playlist Creator.
- Save to open Playlist settings.
Toggle "Watermark Playlist" on.
- Save Playlist.
- The Playlist is processed and tracks are Watermarked in a few moments.
2. When sharing a playlist
You can turn watermarking on and off from the security tab.
3. From the Watermarking home page
Click on "watermark playlist" to choose a new playlist to watermark.
Remove watermarking from any playlist via the actions menu.
Share a Watermarked Playlist
To ensure that the watermarked files will be able to be traced back to individual recipients, we recommend emailing the playlist directly or assigning a URL to each of your recipients.
Open the Share Area
- Email playlist directly or Assign a URL to each recipient
- Unique Watermarks are assigned to each recipient for leak tracing
- Copy the URL and send to each contact directly
For sending to large groups of people, we recommend utilizing the DISCO Email Creator which will automatically assign Watermarks to each contact on the blast.
Trace a leaked file
While the presence of DISCOs watermarks should discourage file leaking, we have you covered if a leak should occur.
- Download the leaked file from the source (the pirate bay etc)
- Open the Leak tracing tab in the Watermarking Dashboard
- Click the "Trace a leak" button
Upload the leaked file on the pop up and submit.
- The file is processed and appears in the list of traced files
- View the Track name and Playlist that it was shared in
- The "Shared With" column shows who the watermark was assigned to
- The "Shared By" column show who shared the playlist from your DISCO
To learn more about how to optimize your watermarking workflow visit DISCO Watermarking 101.