Copy Track Info (Metadata and Tags) between Tracks
How to copy track info to or from tracks
Open the Copy track info area from either:
1) The Track Info area
2) The Track Menu
Select the tracks to copy track info to or from
DISCO will suggest tracks with matching titles when you select the search area
You can easily drag and drop tracks between the To and From sides.
Expand the Track Info in each side.
- Select which fields to copy across on the From side.
- Preview how the fields will be updated on the To side.
By default, all fields will be selected to copy over except for Title (don't want to override -Instrumental, etc.) and Order.
Deselect any fields in the From column that you don't want to be copied over.
- In this case, I deselected Lyrics, Writers and a few of the Notes:
Will Data be Overwritten or Added once copied across?
|Field Name||Overwrites or Additive?||Notes / Example|
|Metadata||Overwrites||Artist name (1st track): Harry Potter, Artist name (2nd track): Dumbledore. --> Final artist name: Harry Potter|
Writers info is copied as one unit (not individual writers) from the primary track and will replace any writer information when the copy is completed
|Lyrics||Overwrites||Lyrics is treated as one unit and replaces any lyrics on the secondary track.|
Notes can be added without overwriting
Tags can be added without overwriting
- If you are going to overwrite existing metadata fields, you will be shown a warning with the # of fields that are being overwritten:
Undo Copy Track Info
That was easy! But oh no... I think I accidentally copied all the tags when I didn't mean to.
Once the track info copy has been confirmed, you have 10 seconds to UNDO the copy from the bottom left corner of DISCO. This will revert the track information back to whatever it was pre-copy
Preview how metadata will appear after download
You can preview how your metadata will look after download on the Track Info area of each track.
- Open the Track Info area and open the Copy Track info menu
- Select Preview track info
- Two tabs show how the metadata will appear when the track is downloaded as well as track info that won't travel on the files: